Observe and interview one certified K-12 special education administrator or specialeducation chair about current special education issues and policies. Your interview should address the following:
- How do you stay up to date on current special education issues and policies?
- Do you attend regular board meetings or professional conferences? If so, which and why?
- Do you have an affiliation with any professional organizations outside of theschool district?
- What are the benefits to participating in a professional organization that promotes special education?
- How do you relay up to date special education issues and policies to schoolemployees?
- What are the challenges in keeping all employees up to date regarding currentspecial education issues and policies?
- What are some of the ramifications you have experienced when current specialeducation policies are not adhered to?
- What are the due process procedures for families of individuals with exceptionalities that are receiving special education services?
- What steps do you recommend for future special education teachers to take in order to become empowered with knowledge to better support individuals withexceptionalities?
In 250-500 words, summarize and reflect upon your interview and explain how you will use your findings in your future professional practice.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.