ALL WORK MUST BE ORIGINAL, CITED AND IN APA FORMAT. ASSIGNMENT WILL BE SUBMITTED TO TURN IT IN. ASSIGNMENT MUST BE 1250 MINIMUM NOT INCLUDING THE TITLE PAGE. QUESTIONS 1-5 IS THE ENTIRE ASSIGNMENT. DUE 06/01/20 @ 5PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME.
1. Discuss the differences between the various types of homicides and the demographic information pertaining to murder in the United States.
2. Explain the various motives that induce a person to kill another person. Many murders are committed by people who have little-to-no criminal record, and yet they jump directly to one of the worst crimes possible. This is often the case in spousal/partner killings. Why do you think that is?
3. Explain each type of homicides listed below and describe the type of suspect you would most likely look for in each crime.
- Criminal homicide
- Excusable homicide
- Intra-family killings
- Involuntary manslaughter
- Justifiable homicide
- “Lonely hearts” killings
- Mass murder
- Serial murder
- Voluntary manslaughter
4. What are the major questions investigators ask at a crime scene? Explain the relevance of each.
5. Explain the relationship between the autopsy and the crime scene. Be thorough and specific.