continue building your course, prepare a syllabus and orientation material, and prepare a lesson incorporating an online testing program.
- Complete the development and implementation phases of the ADDIE instructional design model.
- Create orientation materials and a course syllabus.
- Create a lesson plan that incorporates a testing/quizzing/adaptive learning tech tool.
- Begin work on your screencast teaching presentation.
The assignment components will be graded on content, organization, presentation, writing mechanics, and correct APA formatting.
NUR670: Week 4 Assignment Page 1
Assignment Title: ADDIE: Development
Assignment Overview: In this week’s assignment, you will focus on the development and
implementation phases of the ADDIE instructional design model, write a lesson plan, continue your
course build, and start your screencast.
Deliverables: Assignments are due on or before Sunday at 12:00 Midnight of week 4. Submit the
instructional design template using the file name protocol NUR670 Week 4_last name.
There are multiple parts to this assignment.
1. Complete week 4 of the Instructional Design Worksheet, using the same document you
submitted for week 3. Update previous content as needed. Highlight changes in a new color
so they can be easily seen.
2. Add a syllabus and orientation materials (see the Instructional Design Worksheet) by adding
items to the Getting Started section of Moodle.
3. Develop a lesson plan (found on the Instructional Design Worksheet) creating an assignment
that incorporates one of the testing/quizzing tech tools covered in this week’s course materials.
It should be an assignment that requires the students to use the tech tool in order to complete
the assignment (not one that you as the instructor would use to create it). Create the
assignment in the Week 3 section of your Moodle course. Provide assignment instructions for
the students and an external link to the technology tool.
Week 5 Assignment Overview and Preparation
Begin work on your screencast teaching presentation (graded in week 5). Use your time this week to
learn the screen casting program and practice with it. The final presentation will be a demonstration
of your Course Development Project as created in the Moodle LMS.
• The presentation should be no longer than 10 minutes but can be shorter. Just be sure to
highlight each part of the course. Narrate the presentation.
• The presentation must walk the viewer through the course, briefly explaining the layout and
demonstrating its navigation. As you go, evaluate your course by discussing things you
could do to improve it.
Use one of the screen casting programs highlighted in the weekly lessons (or one of your choosing).
Screencast-O-Matic (https://screencast-o-matic.com/) is recommended for ease of use. It is available
as a free download.
NUR670: Week 4 Assignment Page 2
Grading: All components are graded in one rubric associated with the Lesson 4 Assignment. The
assignment components will be graded on content, organization, presentation, writing mechanics,
and correct APA formatting.