For this Assignment, select two different regional accrediting bodies of higher education. Next, select an institution in each region so that each has similar characteristics, such as size, focus, or other attributes. Compare the institutions and their accrediting commission.
Accreditation and Quality Enhancement
The purpose of accreditation is to ensure that institutions meet academic, fiscal, and ethical standards. Institutions also use the review process as part of their continuous improvement efforts.
Write a 8- to 10-page paper in which you respond to the following:
- Briefly describe each accrediting body and each institution you selected.
- Describe the type of accreditation that each institution has, how long they have had it, and if they have any other forms of accreditation (such as specialty or program).
- Analyze the institutions, and describe at least three reasons why accreditation is important to each.
- Analyze how accreditation might contribute to these institutions’ continuous improvement efforts.
- Analyze how the accreditation process differs and is similar in each region and for each institution.
Your paper should be written using scholarly language and in APA style. Provide URL links to the institutions and accrediting commissions.