Read a multicultural book of your choice as described or listed in Ch. 4 of Children’s Books in Children’s Hands.
Choose one of the following options for your presentation:
- Slideshow (minimum of 14 slides)
- Podcast (minimum of 4 minutes)
- Other (approved by faculty member)
Note: The presentation mode used for this assignment must be able to be uploaded to the course and be viewed on any computer.
Create a presentation or podcast that summarizes the book and analyzes cultural representations by including the following key elements:
- Title, author, illustrator, culture represented, and genre of book
- Summary of book
- Literary elements to include: characters, setting, plot, and theme
- Style and quality of writing
- Author and illustrator background including expertise for writing within the culture
- Benefits to the students
- Integration of culturally authentic language
- Accuracy of cultural details
- Power relationships between characters
Include detailed speakers notes or a transcript for your choice of presentation modality. Either should read as if you were presenting in person.